Thursday, April 17, 2008

"The Autoimmune Epidemic"

My friends have termed my penchant for reading about autoimmune disease as pleasure reading. Um, since when does reading about incurable diseases count as a pleasurable experience?

For me, it’s all about educating myself so that I can make sure that I am able to get the best care possible, and so that I can, hopefully, educate others, as well.

So, if you read any book on autoimmune disease, I have to suggest “The Autoimmune Epidemic” by Donna Jackson Nakazawa and Dr. Douglas Kerr. This book has gotten a lot of press lately, but it truly is a very informative read. It is pretty scary and not the most uplifting, but I think it is a call to action, even for those who are not brought down by these diseases.
*****
(Nakazawa, Donna Jackson, and Douglas Kerr. The Autoimmune Epidemic. New York: Touchstone, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment