Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Gonna Say It Again...

You’ve got to have friends.

I saw the “Sex and the City” movie and I LOVED IT!!!

It was one of those movies that made me laugh and cry. And there was something comforting about the familiar – Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha. We all have friends who are those girls. We are those girls…

One thing that surprised me was that despite the toned bodies, the faces of the characters had aged. I guess I had sort of expected them to have plastic-y, worked-on faces. But they didn’t. And you know what? It made me kind of happy. Even the characters who remain forever young in our minds age. Time withers them, too.

But, if there’s one thing to be taken away from the movie, it’s that you’ve got to have friends.

Not just any kind of friends.

The kind that will be there to save you from failed relationships.

To make you laugh during even your darkest hour.

And sometimes, they even save you from yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment