Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's All In The Delivery

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who told me something that I hadn’t realized. This friend told me that I’m too nice to people when it comes to their not understanding my situation, and that there’s no reason not to be firm with people in order to get my point across.

You know, when I’ve thought about people not understanding, I’ve wholly attributed it to their inability to commiserate with something they haven’t experienced themselves.

But what if my delivery has been all wrong?

What if I’ve failed in getting the severity of my situation across to people?

Because most everything in my life appears normal, so it shall be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you might have come across this already, but I found it really helpful when I was thinking about these issues a couple years ago:
    The Spoon Theory, available from this moderately interesting website, But you don't look sick?

    ReplyDelete