Friday, June 20, 2008

Lupus & Arthritis + Bowling = Bad Combination

My internship had a social event last night… bowling!

Under normal circumstances, I am not a big fan of bowling, but this entire situation filled me with a lot of anxiety. And now seeing the way that I feel, rightfully so.

Last night, my fingers were so stiff and in pain, I thought they were going to break.

Don’t get me wrong. It was a fun night. But physically it was no picnic. Let’s be serious here… I was in pain before we even started. The pain only got worse…

I know I didn’t have to go to this event, and in retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have. But I didn’t want to seem antisocial. And I worried that I would have had more questions to answer if I didn’t go at all, than had I bowled poorly, which would have happened no matter what.

I wish there was some kind of guidebook:
- Activities to do under no circumstances
- Activities to do only when you’re feeling well
- Activities you can do almost any time

If only life we’re that easy, right? Or maybe I should know these kinds of things intuitively. I guess I’m still stuck in the phase of trying to make my life seem as normal as possible to those I don’t want to necessarily disclose my illness to.

No comments:

Post a Comment