Friday, June 6, 2008

Run Down

I don’t know what’s come over me, but I feel as if I’m moving in slow motion.

I feel like I’ve stood in front of a firing squad. They fired a round of blanks and plastered me against the wall. Now I’ve got to peel myself off.

It’s like I took five very large steps back over night.

I fell asleep on the couch. Then I got up to go to bed. My muscles were weak and they felt like they had been injected with lead. All 90-something pounds of me were useless, dead wait.

Why I insist on dragging myself into bed, I’ll never understand. It’s something about routine, I guess.

Lately, I know why I flare. But right now, it’s like I’m back to where I was in October or December.

There’s nothing to explain this sudden onslaught of symptoms. I have a cold/sore throat that seems to come and go as it pleases.

The only thing I can contribute all of this to is the fact that I’m working 40-hours a week. The thing I can’t make any sense of is why sitting in a chair is so damning to my fragile immune system.

Not only do I feel exhausted, but I also feel run down.

No comments:

Post a Comment