Friday, June 6, 2008

"Spoon Theory"

A loyal reader provided this:

www.butyoudontlooksick.com/the_spoon_theory

It’s very insightful and relates to several of my recent posts.

I particularly like “spoon theory” because it seeks to show those who don’t understand that every aspect of my life is work, even the aspects that I used to take for granted. Maybe the next time someone wants to accuse me of trying to take it easy, they’ll realize that I used up half my "spoons" before I even left my apartment this morning.

Thanks, Dan!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing "The Spoon Theory". I have had such a difficult time trying to explain Lupus to my family and friends. This story is perfect for helping them understand what it is like. I have used tomorrow's spoons on several occasions and spent the next day in regret. Now, I finally have a way to explain that to others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I wish I could say I came up with the concept myself, but I didn't. But I'm happy that sharing it was helpful.

    ReplyDelete