Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's The Little Things In Life...


Imagine my surprise when I came up last night to find an envelope from ChronicBabe. Turns out I was one of 20 essay contest winners. It made my day to get the t-shirt and buttons pictured above.

And I figured as an added bonus I would share with you the essay that I submitted:

Why do I love ChronicBabe? That’s an easy question. I love ChronicBabe because I am a chronic babe… and I’m quickly learning to become proud of that distinction. When I received my diagnosis of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis in April, I thought my life was over. But I quickly learned that I am not alone in all of this. ChronicBabe has helped me to realize that and has introduced me to others just like me. This is one of the greatest gifts that I could have ever received. ChronicBabe has taught me that our illnesses should be worn as badges of honor, rather than as patches of shame. And so as ChronicBabe celebrates its 3rd birthday, it also celebrates all of us Chronic babes out there who are learning to cope, to be strong, to be proud, and despite our illnesses, to love ourselves everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment