Friday, August 7, 2009

Where Am I Going?


I’m heading off to California for a conference and then Oregon to visit my aunt and uncle. This is my first time on a plane alone. I actually haven’t been on a plane in seven years. And this is the most traveling I’ve done since I was diagnosed with lupus and RA.

In the picture above, you can see that I have all of my meds, Biofreeze, and hand sanitizer in an airplane-approved bag. Plus I found a mini version of my pill organizer, a note card with all my medications and doses, and the dreaded masks (I love that the instructions are a mile long, and the masks say warning across the mouth). So much for being inconspicuous…

I can only imagine the stories I’ll have to share when I get back!

While I’m gone, I urge you to check out the talk show, New Way RA, and also the Arthritis Foundation’s “Show Us Your Moves” contest at the Lets Move Together campaign site.

3 comments:

  1. Where'd you find the pill organizer? I'm on the hunt for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you pass this along via your blog, and to all your contacts?

    Lupus Foundation of America Needs Your Help -- Urge Your Senators to Cosponsor S. 1630, the Affordable Access to Prescription Medications Act

    Go to http://capwiz.com/lfa/home/

    Click on the link "Urge Your Senators to Cosponsor S. 1630, the Affordable Access to Prescription Medications Act," enter your zip code in the box called “Call Now” and click on the “go” button. You’ll then be presented with the contact information for your senators, as well as get talking points for what to say when you call.

    Please ask your family, friends and coworkers to call on your behalf as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    Both large and small organizers came from Meijer.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete