Friday, November 9, 2012

Arthritis Foundation’s Ease Of Use Products


As many of you know, we gained an extra hour last weekend as a result of the end of daylight savings time. 

Lately I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue related to my RA, and was grateful to have an extra hour, even though I feel like I need about an extra 24-hours.

One way to reduce fatigue, once you’ve gained the extra hour and are still tired, is to make sure you are sleeping on comfortable, supportive products.

The Arthritis Foundation has an Ease-of-Use Commendation, which recognizes products that attempt to make life easier for people with arthritis and other mobility impairments.

This includes Tempur-Pedic pillows and beds.  While I haven’t tried these products myself, the pictures look comfy. 

The Ease-of-Use Commendation also includes other types of products, such as telephones, pots and pans, pens, tools, and other adaptive aids that are helpful to people with RA. 

When my illnesses were totally not under control when I first got sick, I was sleeping terribly.  My whole body felt like it was crushing in on itself when I laid down, so sleeping wasn’t very comfortable.  And being sleep deprived was not helpful to my physical and emotional health. 

If you have RA or other physical limitations, be sure to look for the Ease-of-Use Commendation, and bring some products home today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment